Part time: Up to 5 hours per week
Temple Beth Israel (TBI) is a Progressive Jewish congregation which provides a spiritual community through a contemporary approach to Jewish practice and a commitment to Jewish tradition, culture and education. TBI has links with the Progressive Jewish Cultural Fund, the Council for Jewish Education in Schools, Progressive Judaism Victoria and the Union of Progressive Judaism.
This position reports to the Education Coordinator.
This office based role will provide teaching assistance for TBI’s education programs.
- Provide teaching assistance for TBI’s Beit Sefer Chayim education program.
- Assist to deliver lessons based on TBI’s pre-prepared lesson plans (lesson planning not required).
- Engage with primary school aged students, teachers, tutors, and staff.
- Collaborate with other teaching assistants.
- Hebrew language skills, including the ability to read Hebrew.
- Working knowledge of Progressive Jewish and Israeli holidays, prayers, culture, festivals, and history, including knowledge of Torah.
- Manage a group of children of primary school age.
- Follow a lesson plan and deliver it in an engaging manner.
- Strong interpersonal written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a professional attitude.
Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Required Qualities
A great sense of fun.
- Team player.
- A willingness to learn.
To apply please send your resume to [email protected]